One of the most common styles of paint jobs for show cars is sparkling metallic. These astounding paint schemes add dimensionality to catch the attention and keep it! Lustrous alterations in color result from the iridescent effects and fascinating sparkles made by thousands of tiny shiny particles. Can a concrete foundation match these impressive paint jobs? West Coast Epoxy is a metallic flooring specialist excited to add shine to your concrete flooring!
What Makes the Brilliance?
Metallic epoxies combine durable glossy topcoats with colorful undercoatings and sparkling mica or metal nanoparticles. In addition to choosing different colors of base coat, you can also select different colored nanoparticles for a variety of special effects. Here are some of the options:
- Sparkle— Metallic and mica particles are excellent light reflectors. Decrease or increase the sparkle by adjusting the number or size of nanoparticles in the epoxy.
- Iridescence— Imagine the feathers of a hummingbird and you can visualize the effect of iridescence. When applied with epoxy coatings, the floor changes color, based on the source of light or point of view.
- Pearlescence— Similar to iridescence, pearlescence is more subdued with the color alteration effect, resembling the lustre of abalone or pearls. This light effect reminds you of looking through prisms or the vibrance of a rainbow.
- Depth— By skillfully adjusting the pigment layers, gathering nanoparticles in some areas and at the same time leaving fewer in others, our team members create a sense of a third dimension. Depth, motion, waves, currents, clouds and more are suggested by an artfully designed and executed metallic floor.
- Gloss— Gloss and shine are closely related terms. Basically, the amount of gloss your floor has tells you approximately how much it will shine. And shine represents the amount of light reflected off a surface. Thus, the glossier a surface, the more it shines.
When it comes to metallic epoxies, the decision is up to you! There is completely nothing lacking with a traditional epoxy floor. They are decorative, long-lasting and popular. But if you want the best that West Coast Epoxy has to offer in Loomis, request to see our designs for metallic epoxy flooring. Each one is unique, every one is different, and all of them are luxurious. To start allowing for your metalized concrete flooring, talk to West Coast Epoxy today!
Request a Free Quote