Bring the beauty of metallic paint to your concrete floors with the added strength and endurance of epoxy coatings from West Coast Epoxy. Create floors with breathtaking pearlescence, shine, iridescence, swirl, depth and metallic sparkle. The ordinary concrete foundation in your showroom, lobby, home, hallway or gym can look like waves, clouds, flowing liquids, or the depths of space.
What Creates the Brilliance?
Metallic epoxies combine durable gloss coatings with pigmented undercoatings and sparkling mica or metal nanoparticles. In addition to selecting different colors of base coats, you can also decide upon different colored nanoparticles for a variety of special effects. Here are some of the possibilities:
- Sparkle— Metallic and mica particles are superb light reflectors. Increase or decrease the sparkliness by altering the number and size of nanoparticles in the epoxy.
- Iridescence— Imagine the feathers of a peacock or a hummingbird and you can imagine the effect of iridescence. When applied on epoxy coatings, the floor changes color, based on the light or point of view.
- Pearlescence— Akin to iridescence, pearlescence is more subtle in the color change effect, resembling the luster of pearls, opals or abalone shells. This light effect reminds you of looking through prisms or the vibrance of a rainbow.
- Gloss— Although sparkle is like twinkling stars, gloss is the reflection of light from surfaces. Epoxy flooring is known for allowing for a quality shine, but metallic flooring takes it to a completely new level! Although much depends on the design, maximum shine is reachable with metallic flooring.
- Depth— Depending on the arrangement of the epoxy layers, and by aggregating the metal or mica flakes accordingly, your floor can come to life with 3-dimensionality! The illusions of depth, atmosphere, movement, waves, current, and more are suggested with the properly designed use of metallic epoxies.
With a metallic flooring design from West Coast Epoxy, you are assured that your floor will be like no others! To see the eye-popping possibilities with metallic floor coatings, call the skilled installers at West Coast Epoxy for metallic floors in El Dorado Hills.