One of the favored styles of paint jobs for fancy cars is sparkling metallic. These remarkable paint schemes add depth and dimensionality to attract attention and keep it! Beautiful changes in color result from the iridescent effects and fascinating sparkles made by thousands of nano-sized shiny particles. Can a concrete floor equal these most impressive paint jobs? West Coast Epoxy is a metallic flooring specialist excited to add “brilliant” to your concrete flooring!
What Makes the Sparkle?
West Coast Epoxy creates your customizable metallic epoxy by combining pigmented undercoatings with specially made metal or mica nanoparticles. Besides choosing the hues of the epoxies, you also select the colors, types and sizes of sparkling flakes. Applying these choices, here are the effects you can create:
- Iridescence— Imagine the feathers of a hummingbird or a peacock and you can imagine the effect of iridescence. When applied on epoxy coatings, the floor changes color, based on the light source or viewpoint.
- Pearlescence— Similar to iridescence, pearlescence is more subtle in the color altering effect, resembling the lustre of pearls, abalones or opals. This optical effect reminds you of looking through a prism or the vibrance of a rainbow.
- Sparkle— Metallic and mica particles are outstanding light reflectors. Increase or decrease the amount of sparkle by altering the size and number of nanoparticles in the epoxy.
- Gloss— Although sparkle is like the twinkling of stars, gloss represents the reflection of light from surfaces. Epoxy flooring is known for providing a quality shine, but metallic flooring takes it to a totally new level! Although much depends on the design, maximal shine is attainable with metallic flooring.
- Depth— Depending on the arrangement of the epoxy layers, and by collecting the metal or mica flakes accordingly, your floor can come to life with 3-dimensionality! The visual effects of depth, clouds, movement, waves, currents, and more are realized with the right designed application of metallic epoxies.
When it comes to metallic epoxies, the choice is up to you! There is absolutely nothing wrong about a traditional epoxy floor. They are special, long-lasting and pleasing. But when you want the best that West Coast Epoxy has to provide in Orinda, inquire to see our designs for metallic epoxy floors. Each one is unique, every one is different, and all of them are dazzling. To start allowing for your metalized concrete floor, call West Coast Epoxy today!
Request a Free Quote