One of the favored styles of paint jobs for custom cars is sparkling metallic. These breathtaking paint schemes add depth and dimensionality to attract attention and keep it! Gorgeous changes in color come from the iridescent effects and fascinating sparkles created by thousands of minuscule shiny particles. Can a concrete floor equal these impressive paint jobs? West Coast Epoxy is a metallic flooring specialist excited to add “brilliance” to your concrete flooring!
What Makes the Sparkle?
Metallic epoxies combine durable glossy topcoats with colored undercoats and sparkling mica or metal nanoparticles. Besides selecting different colors of floor coatings, you can also pick different colored nanoparticles for a variety of special effects. Here are some of the choices:
- Sparkle— Metallic and mica particles are superior light reflectors. Increase or decrease the amount of sparkle by altering the size or number of nanoparticles in the epoxy.
- Iridescence— Birds like hummingbirds have iridescent feathers. The hues of the feathers change as either the bird or you move in the light. When iridescence is added to epoxy coatings, it is the floor that changes color as you move through the room.
- Pearlescence— Similar to iridescence, pearlescence is more subtle with the color alteration effect, resembling the lustre of abalone or pearls. This light effect reminds you of looking through prisms or the vibrance of a rainbow.
- Gloss— Although sparkle is like twinkling stars, gloss stands for the reflection of light from surfaces. Epoxy flooring is known for making a quality shine, but metallic flooring takes it to a totally new level! Although much is dependent on the design, maximal shine is possible with metallic floors.
- Depth— By skillfully adjusting the pigment layers, bunching nanoparticles in some areas while leaving fewer in others, our team members create a sense of 3-dimensionality. Depth, motion, waves, current, clouds and more are suggested by an artfully designed and executed metallic floor.
When it comes to metallic epoxies, the decision is up to you! There is completely nothing wrong with the traditional epoxy floors. They are outstanding, long-lasting and pleasing. But if you want the best that West Coast Epoxy has to provide in Antelope, ask to see our designs for metallic epoxy flooring. Each one is tailor-made and all of them are dazzling. To start making your metalized concrete floor, talk to West Coast Epoxy today!
Request a Free Quote